Academic program planning
Proposed Academic Changes
- College of Agriculture and Natural Resources moving from 13 departments to 8 departments and the Kellogg Biological Station
- College of Arts and Letters to unite French, Classics & Italian with Spanish & Portuguese to create a Romance Language department
- College of Communication Arts and Sciences to close Communicative Sciences & Disorders*
- Reconfigure administrative responsibility for the four basic science jointly administered departments (Biochemistry, Physiology, Pharmacology & Toxicology and Microbiology)
- Change joint administrative responsibility for the School of Planning, Design and Construction from the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR) and the College of Social Science (CSS) to only CANR
- Change joint administration for the Departments of Food Science and Human Nutrition and the Department of Entomology from the College of Natural Science (CNS) and the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR) to only CANR
- Move administrative responsibility for the Nutritional Sciences major from the College of Natural Science (CNS) to the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR)
- College of Agriculture and Natural Resources will drop joint administration with College of Natural Science for ENT and FSHN
- Urban and Regional Planning affiliates with CSS; School of Planning, Design & Construction becomes a unit solely within College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- College of Education will consolidate Master’s in Language & Literacy with Master’s in Teaching & Curriculum (both in Department of Teacher Education)
- College of Natural Science will remove CNS support and administrative involvement from the Department of Entomology
*While communicative sciences and disorders could be closed, graduate degree programs would continue, relocated within the Department of Communication.
*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to read PDF documents.